Tan Sri Datuk Ter Leong Yap
Executive ChairmanView Full bio
Datuk Simon Kwan
Chief Operating OfficerView Full bio
Eng Kim Haw
Chief Financial OfficerView Full bio
Wong Chiew Meng
Chief Project OfficerView Full bio
Audrey Ooi Kim Cheng
Chief Executive Officer, HealthcareView Full bio
Tan Ling Ling
Head of EducationView Full bio
Chuah Chew Hai
Chief Executive Officer, ConstructionView Full bio
Tan Sri Datuk Ter Leong Yap
He graduated from University of Malaya with a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. From such humble beginnings, Tan Sri Ter has carefully nurtured Sunsuria Berhad into an award-winning public-listed company with businesses in property development, integrated healthcare, digital development, education, construction, landscaping and nursery, food and beverages, retail, trading and other complementary businesses.
Tan Sri Ter is extremely active in the business community as well as a firm believer and supporter of National Unity. In 2016, Tan Sri Ter was named the National Unity Ambassador by the Department of National Unity and Integration (JPNIN).
For his achievements in the business world, Tan Sri Ter won The Edge Malaysia Outstanding Property Entrepreneurs Award in 2017, the Sin Chew Business Excellence Award – Business Excellence Person of the Year in 2014, as well as the Outstanding Malaysian Hokkien Award by the Federation of Hokkien Associations of Malaysia twice in 2008 and 2017 respectively.
In 2021, Tan Sri Ter was appointed by the Yang di-Pertuan Agong, King of Malaysia, as a member of the Malaysia Special Independent Emergency Committee 2021. In addition, Tan Sri Ter is also the member of numerous government councils:
- Member of The Shared Prosperity Action Council (MKTB) 2021 (appointed by the Prime Minister of Malaysia)
- Member of the Trade and Industry Advisory Council, Ministry of International Trade and Industry (TIAC) since 2019
- Member of the Consultative Council on Safety and Public Order, Ministry of Home Affairs (MAKKKA) since 2020
Tan Sri Ter’s other affiliations include:
- Life Honorary President of The Associated Chinese Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Malaysia (ACCCIM)
- Life Honorary President of the Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Kuala Lumpur & Selangor (KLSCCCI)
- President of the National Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Malaysia (NCCIM) (2016- 2021)
- President of The Associated Chinese Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Malaysia (ACCCIM) (2015-2021)
- President of the Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Kuala Lumpur & Selangor (KLSCCCI) (2012-2021)
- Executive Member for China Overseas Friendship Association (COFA) (2019-Present)
- Advisory Committee of the 10th Council of the All China Federation of Returned Overseas Chinese (AFROC) (2018-Present)
- Founder Member and Vice Chairman of the China-ASEAN Entrepreneurs Association (2018-Present)
- Executive Vice Chairman of China Federation of Overseas Chinese Entrepreneurs (May 2021-Present)
- Vice Chairman of Sichuan Provincial People’s Government and Sichuan Overseas Exchanges Association, China (2015-Present)
- Adviser of the 6th Council of the Yunnan Overseas Exchanges Association, China (2017-Present)
- Vice Chairman of the 6th Council of the Fujian Overseas Exchanges Association, China (2018-Present)
- Oversea Adviser to the Foreign Enterprises Investment Association, Guangdong Province, China (2016-Present)
- Adviser of the 5th Council of the Chengdu Overseas Exchanges Association, China (2019- Present)
- Honorary Adviser of Belt and Road Summit, Hong Kong Trade Development Council (2019- Present)
- Adviser of Chinese Chamber of Commerce of Victoria, Australia (CCCV) (2019-Present)
- Honorary President of Jilin Province Overseas Friendship Association (2019-Present)
- Executive Vice Chairman of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Entrepreneurs Union (2017-Present)
- Honorary President of the Associated Chinese Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Coastal Selangor (2019-2022)
- Life Honorary President of Klang Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCCI)
- President of Klang Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCCI) (2002–2009)
- Honorary President of Kuala Lumpur Eng Choon Hoey Kuan (2021-2024)
- Member of World Chinese Entrepreneurs Convention (WCEC) Advisory Committee (2015-2021)
- Advisor of the Malaysia Retail Chain Association (MRCA) (2018-Present)
- Director of Bank of China (M) Bhd (2010 – 2017)
- Director of Xiamen University Malaysia (2012-Present)
- Vice-Chairman of Hin Hua High School
- Vice-Chairman of Pin Hwa High School
- Director of Kuen Cheng High School
- Panglima Setia Mahkota (PSM) which carries the title “Tan Sri”
- Panglima Jasa Negara (PJN) which carries the title “Datuk”
- Ahli Mangku Negara (AMN)
Datuk Simon Kwan
Chief Operating Officer
Datuk Simon Kwan Hoong Wai, male, a Malaysian, is the Chief Operating Officer of Sunsuria Berhad.
He has three decades of experience working in the business fields of Sales, Project Marketing, Corporate Branding, Office Management, and Customer Experience and Leasing. He holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Southern Queensland, Australia.
He began his career as a Technical and Sales Executive in the engineering sector. A man of great vision and relentless drive, he has made his mark in the property development industry since 1993. Over the course of his career, he has leveraged his industry know-how to broaden his exposure into the international trade market.
His vast experience spanning 30 years has taken his entrepreneurial expertise into spearheading sales during his tenure as Director of Sales. Currently, Datuk Simon Kwan oversees the diversification of various businesses in the retail, food & beverage integrated, healthcare and education divisions in his capacity as the Chief Operating Officer and Head of Property Division of Sunsuria.
From leading the charge in product innovation and development to the planning and conceptualisation of new projects, Datuk Simon Kwan has also kickstarted the initiative in cultivating an innovation mindset by accelerating digitalisation across the organisation. His dynamic operational approach which encompasses both the front office and back office is essential in future-proofing a technology-savvy workplace that fully benefits employers and employees alike.
Eng Kim Haw
Chief Financial Officer
Eng Kim Haw, male, age 56, a Malaysian, is the Chief Financial Officer of Sunsuria Berhad.
He is a Chartered Accountant of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) and a fellow member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), United Kingdom.
He spent about ten years working for the US multinational healthcare company, Bausch +Lomb, holding the positions of Finance Director and Asia Pacific Finance Director.
Prior to joining Sunsuria, Kim Haw held the position of Chief Financial Officer for several companies including Mah Sing Group Berhad, Fitters Diversified Berhad, PJD Development Berhad, OSK Holding Sdn Bhd and Naza TTDI Sdn Bhd. Kim Haw has proven track record of designing and implementing the financial reporting framework and internal control system, not only for local entities but also for new overseas legal entities, as well as conducting project feasibility studies for overseas and Malaysia’s property development projects.
Kim Haw brings him with more than 25 years of financial industry experience. His expertise lies in corporate finance, financial management, restructuring, strategising and devising business improvement plans and monitoring framework execution. It is his mission to devise the most effective strategies for optimising and maximising the financial returns for the Company. Kim Haw’s professional career has spanned across diverse industries including property development, construction, hospitality, manufacturing and FMCG.
Wong Chiew Meng
Chief Project Officer
Wong Chiew Meng, male, age 46, a Malaysian, is the Chief Project Officer of Sunsuria Berhad.
Graduated with a Bachelor of Civil Engineering degree from University of Malaya and a Master of Business Administration degree from University of East London (United Kingdom), Mr Wong has more than 20 years of invaluable experience in the construction and property development industry under his belt.
He presently holds multiple leadership roles in Sunsuria Group, including the Head of Project Department and Quality Management System Committee. His extensive responsibilities include overseeing the planning, operations, supply chain, as well as project management for all the Group’s development projects.
Mr Wong is also in charge of the Group’s 525-acre flagship township, Sunsuria City, which comprises a variety of residential and commercial projects, on top of the Group’s other integrated projects. In this role, he oversees the project from start to end, including feasibility studies, planning, implementation of the development.
AUDREY OOI KIM CHENG
Chief Executive Officer, Healthcare
Audrey Ooi Kim Cheng, female, age 42, a Malaysian, is the Chief Executive Officer of Sunsuria Healthcare Sdn. Bhd.
Audrey Ooi holds a bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Dietetic and over her 18+ years of career, Audrey Ooi has built a reputation as a business leader for delivering consistent success of turning around healthcare business start-ups and accelerated growth in fast-moving-consumer-goods (FMCG) companies, ethical sales and medical consumer brands.
She has been able to turn around several healthcare start-ups and grew the company through Joint venture effort, merger and business diversification. Known as a thought strategist and expert start-up driver, with the cross-functional expertise and industry contacts to quickly scale businesses and position them for competitive industries.
Prior to her role as CEO of Healthcare in Sunsuria, Audrey was the Co-founder and Director of Can-Care Pte Ltd; the head of consumer brands and marketing for some of the highly awarded and widely recognized FMCG brands like Mead Johnsons and Fonterra Nutritionals, where she led the company’s development, lead business planning and strategic directions.
TAN LING LING
Head of Education
Tan Ling Ling, female, age 55, a Singaporean with Malaysian permanent resident status, is the Head of Education at Sunsuria Berhad.
Tan Ling Ling holds a Master of Arts (MA) in Educational Management from the National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, and a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Statistics from the State University of New York at Buffalo (SUNY), USA.
She joins Sunsuria Group as the Head of Education, leading the education division, and overseeing the business expansions in Malaysia and across Asia under Sunsuria Education Sdn. Bhd. She will also lead the partnership with Concord College International, UK in establishing a new school in Sunsuria City, Sepang.
A dynamic and result-driven leader, Lingling has more than 28 years of extensive experience in private K12 and higher education. She consistently delivers strong profit and business growth in multi-markets and multicultural environments through unique programmes, partnerships, and marketing strategies. Lingling comes to Sunsuria with a network spanning across the region and globally particularly Malaysia, Indonesia, China, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Her strategic approaches to leadership have steered her teams to success in global partnerships, marketing, student development, change management, and administrative and operational efficiencies.
Chuah Chew Hai
Chief Executive Officer, Construction
Chuah Chew Hai, male, age 59, a Malaysian, is a Director and Chief Executive Officer of Sunsuria Asas Sdn. Bhd., an indirect 51%-owned subsidiary of the Company.
Mr Chuah has more than 30 years of experience in the construction and property development industry and he has founded Metrio group of companies in October 2002, which are principally involved in property development.
His extensive experience and knowledge in construction and development industry has driven Metrio group of companies to become a leading property development in the northern region of Peninsular Malaysia.